Both Omni and Clan personel have a series of three quests that result in progressively better shoulderpads. Neutrals don't have their own but may use either (or both) of these pads. The two mission series have different contact NPCs but are otherwise identical.
|Pads of Interest||Clan Shoulderpads for the Suspicious|
|Pads of Will||Clan Shoulderpads for the Learned|
|Pads of Dedication||Clan Shoulderpads for the Veracious|
|Name||Alvin Odeleder||Dodga Demercel|
|Location||Lush Fields (1540, 2500)||Aegean (600, 1100)|
The First MissionEdit
While the time granted to complete the mission is ample (30 days) the players can just as easily gather the required items before accepting it and save themself one roundtrip. When you go to accept the mission it requires a rather long dialoge with some possible pitfalls. The best course of action is to chose the most positive and eager answer possible. Eventually the mission is issued and directs the player to gather 8 specifc items for robotic mobs:
Unfortunately this is very time consuming. The drop rates are very low and they are all NODROP UNIQUE. To handle the sheer amount of mobs that need to killed it is recommended that you be at least level 25. There are five known areas with mobs that drop these items:
- The Junkyard directly east of Rome. Waste Collectors are said to have a lower drop rate than the Patrol Mech Dogs but are also of a lower level and thus easier to kill for younger characters.
- The Ruins south-west of West Athen. Contains Buzzsaw Techno Scavengers, Buckethead Techno Scavengers and Junkbot Tech Scavengers. There's also a boss level mob around.
- The Crash Site near Master Divenchy in Newland. Contains 34-II Handymans and Buckethead Techno Scavengers.
- Wartorn Valley east of Old Athen. Has lot's of mobs - the pieces drop from Waste Collectors and Buckethead Techno Scavengers.
- The Mine south of the Temple of the Three Winds. Again there are various mobs - the pieces drop from 34-V Workers, Buzzsaw Techno Scavengers and Junkbot Tech Scavengers.
Once collected the eight items need to be combined and the result delivered to the NPC. As a reward the player receives the first shoulderpad and a disc which will be required to start the second mission.